The lines between work and personal life have been blurred for quite some time. And now, with a new hybrid work environment, this line is non-existent.
Today, living rooms are conference rooms. We look forward to random cat appearances during brainstorms. And we have a lot more patience for screaming children who need their snacks.
We can no longer deny the absolute necessity of creating inclusive and understanding workspaces for employees to “bring their whole selves to work.”
What’s going on in our personal lives has always affected our professional lives, and now we’ve seen just how real that is.
How do we create an environment where people can safely bring their whole selves to work?
We know that having shared organizational core values can help keep staff engaged and motivated, therefore raising performance and productivity levels. When employees respect and believe in a company’s values, they often obtain a greater understanding of their job role and how they can help achieve business goals.
So, what if we created a culture where we understood each employee’s personal core values, too? What would it look like if employees shared the same respect toward each other as they did for the business?
When we know each other’s personal core values:
- We develop deeper connections with one another
- We can navigate personnel issues with greater ease and grace
- We get to the root of what motivates certain reactions or responses
- We know how to better communicate and work with one another
Knowing our colleagues’ core values is similar to understanding their personality type or Enneagram...but better.
"A courageous culture connects its values to specific behaviors so people know what is expected, encouraged, and rewarded within their team and organization."
Brené Brown, Dare to Lead Author & Researcher
What makes the Core Values Academy different?
Myers–Briggs, DiSC and Enneagram are often what we turn to when looking to gain self-awareness or create a better work culture among teams. And while those are great tools, they produce acronyms or numbers that mean nothing to those who haven't taken the assessments, and they leave something to be desired when understanding how to actually implement the learnings in our daily lives.
The Core Values Academy is different because:
- Participants are guided through an exercise that helps them discover their top 5 core values, which are relatable words that anyone inside or outside the course can understand.
- Participants personally define how each value comes to life for them, giving them individual meaning and real-life action.
- The course uses neuroscience to help participants understand how their brains function and why it's so easy to be out of touch with their core values.
- The course provides an assessment covering 9 key areas of life so participants can effectively see where they are living and not living their values.
- The course provides five research-backed tips participants can use to put their values into action every day.
"To me, what's most important is the way we show up. Our being rather than our doing. This course offers a standard operating procedure, or an SOP, for each person's authentic, optimal way of being."
Lyndsay Morris, Core Values Academy Participant and Founder of Generation Wellness
Here’s What's Covered in the Core Values Academy:
Understanding Your Brain
A look into our subconscious and conscious minds.
Identifying Autopilot Living
How to identify when you’re living on autopilot.
How to live more from your conscious mind.
Why Do Values Matter?
Yep, you guessed it. We’ll answer why values matter here.
An assessment looking at 9 key areas of life, including: Career, Fun/Recreation, Finances, Physical Environment, Personal Growth, Health/Wellbeing, Friends and Family.
A guided exercise that allows you to uncover your true, top 5 core values.
Reflection of Life Assessment + Values
Guided reflection of your life assessment results and top 5 values.
Put Your Values Into Action
Five research-backed tips for how to live and lead with your values every day.
Four 8x8 inspirational quote posters, a PDF on How to Improve Emotional Intelligence and more.
The Core Values Academy provides the compass you need to navigate life.
But, don't just take our word for it...
Lyndsay, Generation Wellness Founder
"This course breaks the cycle of autopilot living, shifting to an intentional way of living from the inside out. Julia is a master teacher that leads participants through simple exercises to create a system for your optimal way of being. Thank you for this profound course that has already changed my life!"
Ryn, Life Coach
"Julia's coaching is transformative, and I do not use that word lightly. She comes to the work with openness and a calm, honest presence that immediately put me at ease. What stood out to me the most is how I felt truly seen and respected for who I am in the moment as well as my potential within. Julia helps create clarity on a path forward that would be difficult, if not impossible, to achieve on one's own."
Natalie, Financial Planning VP
"The Core Values Academy helped me put into words what my personal core values actually are. Prior to the course, I would recite cookie cutter values. Now, I have a set of meaningful, actionable principles to re-ground myself against and reflect upon when life gets tough."
Connie, Market Researcher
"I did not anticipate the deeper work that would reveal itself under Julia's direction. I've made steps toward both my large and small dreams. Being capable of these things on my own wasn't the issue; knowing where to start and how to maintain momentum is another. Julia has helped me do exactly that!"
Blake, Art Director
"Julia's coaching and exercises have helped me discover and develop who I am and also who I am not."
Tom, Small Business Owner
"I benefited greatly from the Core Values Academy. The most important thing for me was seeing how out of balance my life has become. Family, friends and recreation were very low on the life assessment. I'm making small adjustments regularly, and now I have a clear path to get where I want to be."
Khara, Working Mother
"Not being my authentic self was impacting so many areas of my life. I was living on autopilot in my personal life, at work, as a mother. I wasn't present. I remember Julia saying "how do you want to show up in life?" and that has become a mantra for me. I now have the skills and tools to live my life with more clarity and more intentionally. I cannot thank Julia enough."
Meet Your Course Facilitator—Julia Amato
I’m an ICF-Certified Life and Leadership Coach, and I’ve worked in the environmental sector building teams and communities for nearly 20 years.
I’m also a mom, a wife, a sister, a friend, a neighbor and someone who cares deeply about her community.
I've found one common thread in all of my work.
When we know and live our TRUE core values, we're the humans we want to be, living the lives we want to live. And our communities are stronger for it.
My mission is to help you live yours.
Why? I have three main reasons:
- I believe only when we truly know and love ourselves can we truly know and love others. And in a world that seems more divided than ever, I want to guide people to better know and love themselves so we can effectively work together to create a thriving future.
- The principles, tools and assessments offered through my course and my coaching have helped me tremendously in my own life and career, and I want others to experience the same clarity, confidence and connection that I’ve gained.
- I’m here for our kids. The precious souls who will inherit the values we teach them and the world we leave them. We owe it to them to be our best and to leave them the world they deserve.