SELF-PACED ONLINE COURSE
(re)Discover Your Values and
Live A Life Designed BY You, Not FOR You
Learn how to establish and hold boundaries, feel exhilarated by your "yes" and intentionally move through life as your authentic self.
Does this sound like you?
- You keep saying yes when you want to say no, and that means you continually feel like you're running from behind trying to please everyone.
- You want to build a fulfilling career while showing up fully for your family, but you have a hard time setting and keeping boundaries and feel overextended.
- You have committed to making more time for fun, but instead of planning or doing the things you enjoy, you find yourself glued to your phone scrolling the depths of social media.
- You feel flooded by the number of decisions you have to make each day and often find yourself wondering if you've made the right choice.
If you can relate to any of this, you’re in the right place.
Hello, I'm Julia.
And I know how you feel.
I'm a recovering people pleaser who spent the majority of my life living how others expected instead of on my own terms, guided by my own values.
Then, I became a mother and everything changed.
I relentlessly questioned and challenged the status quo. From why I wore makeup to how we celebrated birthdays. And in doing so, I reassessed my priorities, rediscovered my personal core values and gained the clarity, calm and connection I needed to stay grounded in who I wanted to be, no matter what life threw my way. And let me tell you, there've been a few boulders.
Today, my mission is to help you live yours.
I wholeheartedly understand your desire to stand firm in your boundaries and live life as your "truest, most beautiful self," to quote one of my (s)heroes, "Untamed" author Glennon Doyle.
You have the wisdom within to be your best self, but we get by with a little help from our friends. As an ICF-certified Life + Leadership Coach, I have the tools and training to be a really helpful friend during this process. I use my training and nearly 20 years of professional experience to help people live a life designed BY them and not FOR them.
The one thing I've seen over and over again is that when we're clear on our core values, we're the humans we want to be, living the life we want to live.
Imagine if you had:
- A set of personally defined, actionable guiding principles that you could lean on as your True North in life
- A wholistic assessment of your life that showed you your greatest opportunities for growth and your greatest areas of contentment
- Five research-backed tips to help you stand firm in your boundaries and live as your truest, most authentic self
Here's What You Need to Get Where You Want to Be:
The Core Values Academy is a self-paced online course that helps you (re)discover your TRUE core values, assess where you're living your values and where you're not living your values and create a plan for putting your values into action every day so you can live and lead with more clarity, more confidence and more connection—to yourself and to those around you.
- Create 5 personally defined, actionable values that will serve as your guiding principles in life, your personal True North
- Walk away with an actionable vision for your life, defined BY you and not FOR you
- Gain a greater sense of yourself so you can confidently, sustainably stand firm in who you want to be and how you want to show up in life
- Have the tools you need to live with more clarity, more calm and more connection to yourself and your community
- Understand your brain in a new way so living more intentionally becomes easier and requires less processing
"To me, what's most important is the way we show up. Our being rather than our doing. This course offers a standard operating procedure, or an SOP, for each person's authentic, optimal way of being."
Lyndsay Morris, Core Values Academy Participant and Founder of Generation Wellness
What's Inside the Core Values Academy?
Module 1: Why Are We Here?
- Gain insight into your subconscious and conscious brain so you can understand how we're actually hardwired to live values defined FOR us and not BY us
- Learn about "autopilot living" and how to identify when you're on it so that you become aware of decisions you're making simply because "that's how it's always been done" instead of decisions you make for yourself, as yourself
- Understand intentional living so you can live more from your conscious, untamed mind and become your most unapologetically authentic self
- Dive into why core values matter and how they guide us so you can start living by your own personally defined True North
Module 2: Personal Life Assessment
- Get clarity on your strengths and opportunities for growth so you have a comprehensive, yet digestible understanding of which areas of life you're living authentically and which areas of life need more light
- Complete a wholistic Life Assessment from the Coaches Training Institute that covers these 9 areas of life:
- Physical Environment
- Personal Growth
- Significant Other
Module 3: (re)Discover Your Core Values
- Learn why values are more than words from a list so you can create personal, meaningful values of your own
- Discover your top 5 core values through a 7-step guided exercise so you can confidently navigate life, no matter what gets thrown your way
- Personally define and give action to your top 5 core values so you know HOW to LIVE YOUR VALUES every day
Module 4: Reflect
- Understand the importance of giving yourself time and space for reflection so you can begin to make self-care a way of being and not just an occasional bubble bath
- Get clear on where you're living and not living your values through a guided reflection of your Life Assessment and Top 5 Core Values so you can create a plan for living more authentically and intentionally where you need to most
Module 5: Your Values in Action
- Walk away with 5 research-backed tips for how to put your values into action every day so speaking up becomes less nerve-wracking, parenting feels a little less chaotic and having fun becomes an essential part of life and not a "nice to have"
(valued at $400)
- Four, 8x8 downloadable quote posters from our favorites Glennon Doyle, Brené Brown, Simon Sinek and Vivek Murthy to serve as motivation and daily reminders to #LiveYourValues
- A comprehensive 30-page PDF from Positive Psychology on "How to Improve Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace" so you can confidently ignite organizational change and bring more empathy and compassion to the workplace (if you feel called to do so)
- A course certificate for proof of completion and professional development.
The Core Values Academy provides the compass you need to navigate life.
But, don't just take my word for it...
Daniel, Team Lead at Airbnb
"This program enabled my team to reach a new level of high performance. By identifying our shared and divergent core values, we've created clarity in why we feel connected to our work, which in turn cultivates trust, partnership and productivity."
Lyndsay, Generation Wellness Founder
"This course breaks the cycle of autopilot living, shifting to an intentional way of living from the inside out. Julia is a master teacher that leads participants through simple exercises to create a system for your optimal way of being. Thank you for this profound course that has already changed my life!"
Ryn, Life Coach
"Julia's coaching is transformative, and I do not use that word lightly. She comes to the work with openness and a calm, honest presence that immediately put me at ease. What stood out to me the most is how I felt truly seen and respected for who I am in the moment as well as my potential within. Julia helps create clarity on a path forward that would be difficult, if not impossible, to achieve on one's own."
Natalie, Financial Planning VP
"The Core Values Academy helped me put into words what my personal core values actually are. Prior to the course, I would recite cookie cutter values. Now, I have a set of meaningful, actionable principles to re-ground myself against and reflect upon when life gets tough."
Connie, Market Researcher
"I did not anticipate the deeper work that would reveal itself under Julia's direction. I've made steps toward both my large and small dreams. Being capable of these things on my own wasn't the issue; knowing where to start and how to maintain momentum is another. Julia has helped me do exactly that!"
Blake, Art Director
"Julia's coaching and exercises have helped me discover and develop who I am and also who I am not."
Tom, Small Business Owner
"I benefited greatly from the Core Values Academy. The most important thing for me was seeing how out of balance my life has become. Family, friends and recreation were very low on the life assessment. I'm making small adjustments regularly, and now I have a clear path to get where I want to be."
Khara, Working Mother
"Not being my authentic self was impacting so many areas of my life. I was living on autopilot in my personal life, at work, as a mother. I wasn't present. I remember Julia saying "how do you want to show up in life?" and that has become a mantra for me. I now have the skills and tools to live my life with more clarity and more intentionally. I cannot thank Julia enough."
Meet Your Course Facilitator—Julia Amato
I’m an ICF-Certified Life and Leadership Coach, and I’ve worked in the environmental sector building teams and communities for nearly 20 years. I’m also a mom, a wife, a sister, a friend, a neighbor and someone who cares deeply about her community.
I've found one common thread in all of my work.
When we know and live our TRUE core values, we're the humans we want to be, living the lives we want to live. And our communities are stronger for it.
My mission is to help you live yours.
Why? I have three main reasons:
1. I believe only when we truly know and love ourselves can we truly know and love others. And in a world that seems more divided than ever, I want to guide people to better know and love themselves so we can effectively work together to create a thriving future.
2. The principles, tools and assessments offered through my course and my coaching have helped me tremendously in my own life and career, and I want others to experience the same clarity, calm and confidence that I’ve gained.
3. I’m here for our kids. The precious souls who will inherit the values we teach them and the world we leave them. We owe it to them to be our best and to leave them the world they deserve.